General Job Requirements:
Cooks for RISD Dining serve in a hands-on position requiring the preparation of a wide variety of menu items utilizing a range of cooking methods including grilling, frying, sautéing, and baking and utilizing various kitchen equipment. They actively participate in a team setting, with keen attention to customer service, and to culinary and visual detail in support of dining's mission. For more information and to apply: https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RISD/job/Cook---Partial-Year_R-00993-1
- Strong oral communication skills required, including the ability to effectively communicate effectively with diverse and multilingual populations.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team setting.
- Basic computer skills or willingness and ability to learn.
- Rhode Island sanitation/ServSafe certification is required or must be attained within orientation and review period.
- High school diploma required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience as a cook or other related employment, with progressive responsibility, in a fast-paced, high volume restaurant or institutional foodservice setting with high quality standards.
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation Personal and sick time
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits, which begin the first day of the month following your date of hire
- Fully vested 403(b) retirement contributions after meeting eligibility requirements
- Paid Parental Leave
- Education Assistance and Tuition Remission programs
- 14 paid holidays
- Free RIPTA Transportation to and from work
- Available on campus parking
- Meals at every shift
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at: https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RISD/job/Cook---Partial-Year_R-00993-1