General Job Requirements:
Summary: The Convention Services Coordinator
The Convention Services Coordinator will work directly with the service team to ensure that all the administrative and support functions of the department are operating effectively. Additionally, they will handle their own set of assigned groups and will be responsible to determine service requirements, marketing needs, and on-site support. Serves as a liaison between assigned groups and bureau partners. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the post-convention survey process
- Assist in the preparation of convention resumes
- Update bookings in CRM system with appropriate pickup, coding and tagging
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of post-convention reports
- Assist in the collection of weekly pickup reports from hotel partners
- Prepare monthly expense reports for service managers
- Prepare all departmental check requests and purchase orders
- Manage shipping for pre-promotion events
- Establish contact with assigned meeting planners to determine needs, expectations, and service requests.
- Maintain written, telephone and personal contact with clients
- Maintain knowledge and status of assigned group’s needs, commitments, housing requirements, etc.
- Attend Convention Services meeting to ensure proper convention support and customer service is provided.
- Check in on groups on a regular basis and follow through the entire event to include weekends and evenings as necessary
- Maintain knowledge of present and future event facilities, hotels, event venues and the Rhode Island Convention Center.
- Maintain positive relationship with PWCVB Partners and be familiar with services available. Send leads and referrals to assists partners/clients as needed.
- Assist with small group service requests for those groups who do not come through the sales channel.
- Answer calls and direct to proper person or department
- Check voicemail on General mailbox
- Greet visitors as they enter the office
- Keep track of parking validate for guests
- Responsible for mailing checks for the finance department
- Sign for FedEx/UPS deliveries
- Assist visitors with destination information
- Help send out any bulk mailings
- Strong customer service and business etiquette skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Teamwork oriented
- Polished confidence in communicating with the public
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver
- Great listener
- Able to contend with the unexpected in a calm and professional manner
This job operates in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm. Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays upon client and business demand.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities within specific time guidelines and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame
- Excellent aptitude for organization, responsiveness, and follow-up
- Ability to work effectively with peers, partners, public, and clients
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written ensuring written communications are grammatically correct
- Ability to travel as necessary including overnights
High school diploma or equivalent or relevant work experience
Medical, Dental, Vision, Parking, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, 401K