General Job Requirements:
Guest Services Agent (GSA) performs tasks of organizing and managing each guests stay through a combination of reservations management and concierge services. They are undeniably committed to providing guests with a positive stay by ensuring that they are assigned to a room which meets their needs. A successful GSA will be mindful of their contribution to an overall clean and positive atmosphere in the hotel. A GSA should also be able to display a polite, helpful and available demeanor towards guests, always providing assistance or information as necessary.
Daily Duties include:
- Provides friendly customer service to all guests and coworkers.
- All employees are required to greet each guest they encounter.
- Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s hotel experience including: reservations, check-in, in- house stay, checkout and any follow up communications.
- Answers multiline telephone and directs calls per approved method.
- Accurately completes reservations and inputs in to computer system per hotel policies.
- Registers guests and assigns rooms per hotel policies.
- Accommodates special requests of guests whenever possible.
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to guest payment policies, credit card processing, cash handling, check cashing and direct billing.
- Understands room status and room status tracking.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available and room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services in the hotel.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping staff by notifying housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests and day use rooms.
- Knows cancellation, no-show and walk policies.
- Can make electronic room keys.
- Knows use of front office equipment.
- Processes guest checkouts.
- Uses proper mail, package and message handling procedures.
- Reads and initials front desk log and bulletin board daily. Is aware of daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Attends hotel department meetings.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the maintenance department.
- Reports unusual occurrences or requests to the general manager and / or manager on duty.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures. Is aware of accident prevention policies.
- Maintains guest confidentiality per Right to Privacy Act.
- Maintains guest’s safety and security per hotel policies, including staying up to date with check in policies for AHLACovid- 19* guidelines that may be subject to change daily (temperature check, compliance form distribution, ensure face masks are worn), identifying states that are required to self quarantine upon arrival
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of public space including the lobby, glass, and general area front desk area that meets AHLA Covid- 19* guidelines and standards
- Assists guests with special requests (driving directions, area attractions, ordering services etc) and delivery of guest requested items (irons, additional towels / amenity products).
- Perform light maintenance in guest rooms / public space (changing light bulbs, unclogging toilets etc.)
A successful candidate applying for this position will have and display a friendly and proactive attitude. Guest Service Agents must be great team players, committed to the safety, security and comfort of all guests and hotel patrons.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
High school diploma or equivalent
Paid time offs, sick hours, and vacation time. Overtime and holiday pay.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Mail or in person at: 122 Fountain Street