General Job Requirements:
McGrath Clambakes and Catering is a full service off-premise catering company located in Newport, RI. The company is one of very few that specialize in Traditional Old Fashioned Clambakes and RI Lobster Boils. McGrath Clambakes has been in business for 48 years and provides a unique experience indigenous to the New England area. The Company is seeking administrative and on-site coordination for the busy Special Events Department.
For a detail oriented professional with a great attitude to work in the hospitality industry.
Oversee various aspects of catering corporate events and weddings ranging in size from 20 to 1000+ including:
- interacting and meeting with clients to discuss their needs
- planning menus and event sheets in consultation with chef
- scheduling and creating event checklists for staff
- being present at events to act as liaison between client and staff, manage event timeline to ensure successful execution of function
- Ability to work with multiple clients at one time
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Respond to client phone calls and e-mails in a professional manner
- Capable of problem solving
- Represent company at industry events
- Manage staff as well as the needs of clients
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Experience in Event Planning or Catering Sales is a plus, however, necessary training will be provided.
- High level of professionalism
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Ability to work under pressure, must be organized and detail oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office experience a must!
Email resume to: email@example.com
Fax to: 401-847-0340
By Mail or in person at: 64 Halsey St. #5 Newport, RI 02840