General Job Requirements:
Temporary Prep Cooks assist the culinary and bakery staff in food preparation duties, including but is not limited to the gathering, washing, and cutting of vegetables, station-specific food production, and the following of recipes to produce daily items. They also maintain cleanliness and sanitation, and actively participate in a team setting, with keen attention to customer service, and to culinary and visual detail in support of Dining's mission.
- Prepares and completes basic kitchen, commissary and catering items as assigned to specifications desired.
- Washes, peels, cuts, handles, presents and stores ingredients according to specifications.
- Completes preparation work, ensuring all ingredients are gathered, cleaned, available and ready for cooking.
- Under direct supervision, may assist cook with simple batch items and recipes such as, hamburgers, pancakes, and french fries.
- Set ups and breaks down and works various service areas, including, but not limited to bakery, pizza, deli, salad and serving line.
- Follows all health code procedures including but not limited to; temperature management, personal hygiene and sanitation.
- Assists in keeping food supplies in order by stocking, helping with monthly inventorying, and cleaning and sanitizing work, service and storage areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum one year of experience in food service with knowledge and skills necessary to properly perform required tasks including cleaning and sanitizing kitchen equipment.
- Rhode Island sanitation/ServSafe certification is required or must be obtained within the orientation and review period.
Email resume to: email@example.com
Apply online at: https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RISD/details/Temporary-Employee---Prep-Cook_R-00712-1?q=temp