General Job Requirements:
RISD Dining is actively seeking two Lead Line Cooks to join its in-house dining and catering program. Be a part of the group that delivers exceptional hospitality by supporting local farms through seasonally-inspired menus, and utilizing the strengths of its staff to provide the absolute best in culinary artistry to the greater community. While RISD Dining welcomes all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this role, we are especially interested in candidates who have advanced culinary education, as well as prior experience working in a commissary production kitchen and/or catering environment; executing upon seasonal menus and using Menu Management systems; recipe testing and updating and/or writing; and experience with authentic cookery of international cuisines, especially Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Indian, Middle Eastern, Spanish, and Latino. Lead Line Cooks actively participate in the production of well-prepared food items, adhering to a wide variety of recipes and menus as determined by the Executive Chef. They provide direction to shift in the absence of Culinary Production Supervisor; oversee closing responsibilities as necessary; maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen, including all preparation and serving areas, with strict attention to sanitation procedures; and actively participate in a team setting, with keen attention to customer service, and to culinary and visual detail in support of Dining's mission. For more information and to apply: https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RISD/job/Lead-Line-Cook--Rhode-Island-School-of-Design_R-00921-1
- Strong oral communication skills required, including the ability to effectively communicate with diverse and multilingual populations.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team setting.
- Basic computer skills or willingness and ability to learn.
- Rhode Island sanitation/ServSafe certification is required or must be attained within orientation and review period.
- Associates degree in Culinary Arts preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience, including some supervisory experience, in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant or institutional food service setting with high-quality standards.
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation Personal and sick time
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits, which begin the first day of the month following your date of hire
- Fully vested 403(b) retirement contributions after meeting eligibility requirements
- Paid Parental Leave
- Education Assistance and Tuition Remission programs
- 14 paid holidays
- Free RIPTA Transportation to and from work
- Available on campus parking
- Meals at every shift
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at: https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RISD/job/Lead-Line-Cook--Rhode-Island-School-of-Design_R-00921-1
By Mail or in person at: email@example.com