General Job Requirements:
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks an On-Call Caterer/Driver to join the Events Group. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team who strives to exceed your expectations. The incumbent organizes and transports the equipment, supplies, small wares, linens, condiments and other accessory items required for catered events on- and off-campus. The successful candidate is responsible for set-up and visual presentation at assigned events. The person in this position operates a light duty motor vehicle in expediting and transporting of items needed for catered functions and performs basic food preparation. We seek applications from equity-minded candidates who will thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the principles of social equity and inclusion, and equal access to resources and opportunities. RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
- Must hold a valid driver's license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a keen attention to detail and visual presentation are required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students and a discerning external clientele.
- Commitment to centering inclusivity, diversity and equity in executing key responsibilities.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of previous experience in a fast-paced food service environment, or an equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
Email to: email@example.com
Apply online at: https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/RISD/job/Providence/On-Call-Caterer-Driver_R-00884-1