General Job Requirements:
The Pastry Supervisor requires the ability to motivate and lead a team, while working side by side with them to complete the dayâ€™s tasks. Required abilities include time management, organization and a good understanding of different food preparation techniques. This is a working position in which you will be responsible for training, supervising and working side by side with the team engaged in mixing, scooping, shaping, baking lamination of pastry products including viennoiserie.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role, required.
- Leadership in a bakery or professional kitchen, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Pastry Arts and Techniques including lamination, baking and proofing
- Basic math skills, required.
- You must be able to add, multiply, count and verify numbers
- Organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional time management skills
- Team player and leader, can motivate and delegate
- Ability to remain focused under pressure
- Able to read and understand recipes and production sheets in English
- The ability to stand 8-10 hours per shift
- The ability to push/pull bread and pastry racks up to 75lbs, multiple times a day
- Bilingual preferred
We value all our employees and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive, supportive, equitable, and vibrant work environment in a community-rooted space. Many of our employees have been with us for several years, some for more than a decade!
Our employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Paid sick time (up to 40 hours)
- Paid vacation
- Participation in our medical/dental/vision plans (Seven Stars pays 75% of the individual premium) for full time employees
- Participation in our 401(k) plan with a 4% company match
- Generous meal and drink allowances (bread and pastries galore!)
- Potential for growth within the organization
Email to: email@example.com
Apply online at: https://sevenstarsbakery.com/join-our-team/