General Job Requirements:
Plans, prepares and cooks food in a timely manner to maintain quality of food, service and experience, in accordance with health code regulation Diversity & Inclusion Embracing diversity for a richly inclusive community is a Guiding Principle at JWU. Our students, faculty and staff have varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that unite us as one community and contribute to our success. We are committed to enhancing the diversity of our workforce teams and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows standardized recipes and procedures to cook food, set up/ stock food stations and garnishes food for display, as appropriate for service
- Utilizes appropriate cleaning procedures for assigned duties so that products are acquired, maintained, and stored according to university policy and health code regulations
- Maintains food safety and operational logs
- Adjusts recipes and food preparation, as needed, according to guest request and specifications
- Prepares inventory lists, as needed, for food stations
- Works closely with assistant cooks, as needed, with food preparation, cooking and storing of food according to specs and standards
- Operates assigned kitchen equipment, including cleaning and sanitizing
- Assists other cooks, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience cooking in commercial settings or other related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain food safety managers certification approved by the Conference for Food Protection
- Ability to obtain and maintain TAPS certification
- Availability to work nights and weekends
- Please note: Qualified candidates must live or relocate within a daily commuting distance of the Providence Campus location upon hire.
Please visit http://work.jwu.edu to view JWU's generous benefits summary.
Email to: Kalmond@jwu.edu
Apply online at: https://jobs.jwu.edu/cw/en-us/job/497225/cook-full-time-academic-year