General Job Requirements:
Prepares ingredients to support recipes, menus and stations, in accordance with health code regulations Diversity & Inclusion Embracing diversity for a richly inclusive community is a Guiding Principle at JWU. Our students, faculty and staff have varied backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that unite us as one community and contribute to our success. We are committed to enhancing the diversity of our workforce teams and we encourage individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follows standardized recipes and prep lists for daily need
- Prepares and cooks food products, timely and efficiently, alongside cooks, as needed
- Cools, refrigerates, labels and properly stores food and ingredients according to university policy and health code requirements
- Utilizes appropriate cleaning procedures for assigned duties so that products are acquired, maintained, and stored according to university policy and health code requirements
- Prepares kitchen for daily set up and stocking as well as assists with serving food at stations, as needed
- Organizes the prep boards based on needs of operation and delivery schedules
- Adjusts work, as needed, while prepping because of changing needs
- Decides on quantity and quality of products to be prepped
- Minimum of an associate's degree or a combination of education/certification(s) and/or experience suitable for the position
- Experience working in culinary nutrition, kitchen production or in other related work
- Obtain and maintain food safety managers certifications approved by the Conference for Food Protection
- Experience with menu and recipe implementation
- Knowledge of Eatec or other nutrition software
- Please note: Qualified candidates must live or relocate within a daily commuting distance of the Providence Campus location upon hire.
Please visit http://work.jwu.edu to view JWU's generous benefits summary.
Email to: Kalmond@jwu.edu
Apply online at: https://jobs.jwu.edu/cw/en-us/job/497151/menu-nutrition-specialist