General Job Requirements:
The Preservation Society of Newport County seeks a full-time Assistant Store Manager at The Breakers to work 40 hours per week, including a mixture of week and weekend days, and some holidays. The Preservation Society is seeking candidates that are self- motivated and dynamic to achieve sales goals in a fast-paced retail environment. The Assistant Store Manager assists with all aspects of The Breakers Mansion Store. This includes supervisory responsibilities such as scheduling, enforcement of policy and procedure, coordination of merchandise displays, reordering and maintenance of merchandise, and proper opening/closing of the Museum Store. They will act on behalf of the Store Manager in their absence, work in coordination with the Sales management team to achieve sales goals, assist with staff coaching, ongoing training and motivating sales staff. During the â€œoff seasonâ€, noted as the winter period when sales and attendance are at their lowest annual points, the Assistant Store Manager may be required to fill in as needed at the Sales Department Office or any of the PSNC Mansion Stores.
- Oversee and supervise Mansion store staff.
- Assist with scheduling store staff within budget guidelines, while maintaining the best possible coverage for sales and customer service. Maintain changes to schedules.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
- Assist with checking inventory daily for needed reorders and/or transfers from other PSNC stores. Oversee the order and transfer procedure in order to maintain accurate inventory data.
- Keep merchandise displays clean with strong product stories and visually well stocked.
- Ensure that all merchandise is properly tagged and signed as needed
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
- Perform ongoing training of the sales staff in conjunction with the Mansion Store Manager on new products, customer service ideas, and current PSNC events.
- Execute markdowns, price revisions and the re-pricing of merchandise as needed.
- Accurately operate cash registers and credit card machines.
- Ensure accuracy of all Sales paperwork submitted.
- Ensure sales staff coverage on floor with flow of traffic and offering great customer service.
- Ensure that workstations are stocked and organized for efficient operation.
- Lead by example offering great customer service and accuracy operating register systems.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Minimum one year customer service and cash handling experience preferred. Supervisory experience a plus. A professional appearance representative of the Preservation Society of Newport County. Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment. Ability to multitask and balance the needs of several customers at once. Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally. Able to operate telephone, fax machine, credit card reader and POS cash register. Follow prescribed safety, health rules, regulations and practices.
Health Care, Dental Care, Vision Plan, 403(b) Retirement plan, Vacation and Personal time, Holidays, Family Membership with The Preservation Society of Newport County, Discounted Membership with the Newport YMCA, Reciprocity with other Cultural Institutions and discounts through the Newport Chamber of Commerce
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at: https://talent.paylocity.com/Talent/Jobs/Details/1808003
By mail or in person at: email@example.com